Saturday, June 2, 2007

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Yet another week with no rain and the {Blue}Grass Garden is suffering. Hopefully a storm coming up from Florida will head our way.

As you can see the grass is getting pretty crispy.

Even Emmet is having a hard time with the hot dry weather. He enjoys his patrols much more now that he has received his summer hair cut.

Always the watchful eye, even while taking a break.

An exciting bit of news: one stalk of grass has climbed over 3 feet in height. Impressive.

Kristin's traditional garden is coming along as well. Watering definitely helps, although I am resisting the temptation to water the Garden.

My grandfather used to say, "It always rains at the end of a drought." Right now I'm looking forward to that day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emmet is looking smooth with his summertime haircut.

Bryan and Tammy said...

I must say that I thought I would enjoy watching your grass garden grow, but I enjoy the Emmet stories way more!